Monday, June 6, 2011

X-Men First Class; First Rate!

As soon as I saw the teaser trailer for X-Men First Class, I wet my theater seat and swore to enjoy this seemingly little slice-o-heaven as soon as it came out. (And I had time) I am so happy to say that this film is everything that I could have possibly hoped it would have been! I highly recommend it as it is true to it's origin and there are no discrepancies as to comic book history. (pet peeve)

*THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* you have been warned...... read on if you dare

The story goes like this; it's 1966, Charles Xavier is a college almost professor who runs across an angry lad by the name of Erik Eisenhardt. Xavier is a telepathic and so he senses that Erik is also a mutant. They join forces with the CIA and Xavier uses his telepathic powers to locate other young mutants to form a G-Men unit that is intended to be used to protect against any enemy attack against the US. Xavier sets about training these extraordinary youngsters to use their powers is a controlled way for good. They also find out that Sebastian Shaw is scheming to facilitate what turns out to be the Cuban Missile Crisis due to the fact that while the radiation would kill all humans, it would it turn, make the mutants stronger leaving them to rule the world. Adventure ensues, Erik gets his revenge and becomes Magneto, Xavier becomes a paraplegic professor, and the world is saved!

Wolverine makes a very brief, and somewhat amusing, cameo. About 15 seconds or so.

WOW! There really were no real spoilers. Lucky you guys!

A few things I know for sure from my experience seeing X-Men first class;
-Don't fully trust an angry telepathic (I originally learned this from the movie Carrie, but this just reinforced it)
-Love yourself, mutant or otherwise
-If you're going to pay extra for a special Green Lantern popcorn bucket, do NOT allow the girl behind the counter to pump mass amounts of butter into it. The structural integrity of said bucket will never survive.
-And I will NOT be seeing Mr. Popper's Penguins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment